If you get error messages like “ERROR: Procedure LCA not found,” the most likely cause is that the PROC LCA files were put in a place where your version of SAS cannot find them. The following steps have fixed most installation problems.
1. Use your search to see if the following five files are stored anywhere on your computer:
- msvcr71.dll (not present for 64-bit SAS installations)
Assuming that the download of the installer went well and you extracted the installer, these files should be saved somewhere on your PC. NOTE: Your search default may search only a portion of your hard drive. Please alter your search settings to search for items on ALL drives.
2. Use search to find the file SAS.exe
NOTE: SAS.exe is probably located in one of the following folders:
C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.x,
C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.x, or
NOTE: If you are able to use one of the folders listed in step 2, the corresponding subdirectories will be
C:\Program Files\SAS\SAS 9.x\core\sasexe\,
C:\Program Files\SAS\SASFoundation\9.x\core\sasexe\, or
3. Put the following three files in the folder where the file SAS.exe is located.
- msvcr71.dll (32-bit SAS only)
4. Put the following two files in the \core\sasexe\ subdirectory, which will be in the folder with the file SAS.exe (the folder you identified in step 2).
If the above steps still don’t fix this installation problem, please verify that you installed the correct version of the procedure. Then, uninstall/reinstall the PROC.